Re: what is this segment_name 2.85077 ?

From: Bernhard Jongejan <bernhard.jongejan_at_topficie.nl>
Date: 2000/04/01

Peter,

I bet this segment resides in your temporary tablespace which has been created as temporary instead of permanent. It is used for sorting and can be reused by multiple transactions. This saves resources for space management. The temporary segments are nomore removed by SMON at the end of the sort operation. It grows to a size where all sort operations fit in the segment. It should be released at shutdown. So it is not nessesary to drop this object.
The next extent of the tablespace storage should be set to k*sort_area_size for using the complete extent size.

Bernhard Jongejan
oracle dba

For more information query:
v$sort_segment
v$sort_usage
Peter Chan <atna_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 38E38123.EF4D857A_at_hotmail.com...