Re: Patch to 4.0.8.1 for Oracle Application Server ???

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/03/31

Jason,

  We are running OAS on NT. With OAS 4.0.8, we could not get the NT Services to automatically start. This meant that we had to manually start OAS after a boot. Upgrading to 4.0.8.1 fixed this problem for us. That's the main reason that we upgraded. I would suggest upgrading. From others that I've talked to, OAS 4.0.8 had quite a few bugs in it. Most of the known bugs were fixed in the upgrade. I'm not sure what was fixed.

HTH,Brian