Re: SYSTEM tablespace 300M?

From: tiny anklet bells <nroshak_at_hcs.harvard.edu>
Date: 2000/03/31

When you created your new user, did you set the default tablespace? (and the temp tablespace) If not, all the objects just went into the SYSTEM tablespace, which would also explain why your SYSTEM tablespace is growing.

To change this, do the command:

alter user <username>
default tablespace <non-system ts name>
temporary tablespace <your temporary tablespace name> quota <quotasize> on <non-system ts name>;

If you can't create a new tablespace, it's probably because you haven't defined any rollback segments.

HTH,
Natalka Roshak

Zorg Arthur Levin hath momely rade gribble:
: Hi,
: I installed Oracle8i and created new database.
: SYSTEM tablespace I set 300M (initial 1M next 1M pctincrease 1).
: Additional installed on other machine Oracle8i Client , Oracle WebDB(user
: webdb) and TOAD.

: New schema I installed under not SYSTEM user!!!
: The atabase is competly empty no data.
: When I checked the size of tablespaces the SYSTEM tablespace exceeded the
: limit 300M
: So I increased SYSTEM tablspace to 400M.

: In TOAD server Tuning I received: Chained Fetch Ratio is HIGH.
: If anybody knows what is wrong with my database and maybe will be good idea
: reinstall database.

--

Too much coffee I find like amphetamines - you can be
_entirely_ +completely+ and utterly focussed. Just not