Re: SQL*Net thru Linux IP Forwarding

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: 2000/03/31

Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu> writes:

> stuart.crawford_at_home.com writes:
>
> > When I attempt to connect using SQL*Net I can't...I understand that you
> > initially connect on 1521/1526 and then the listener will tell the
> > client to reconnect on Port ####...my question is to this newsgroup is
> > there away for the listener to give out specific Port numbers?
>
> I think it will only do this if you have MTS set up. You'll have to disable
> MTS for this connection by doing something like this in your tnsnames.ora,
> note the last line:

Hm, now I'm having trouble with this myself. This worked fine in 8.0.5 but after a migration to 8.1.6 we seem to have a problem. The listener now responds with a 12519.

The listener does in fact have service handlers for the SID I'm passing though, and other clients are able to connect to the listener fine without the ip forwarding.

So I'm fairly convinced the problem is that the listener is getting confused by the different port and address in the local information that's being passed to it. Anyone have any confirmation that the 8.1.6 listener is more anal about the address description list matching the address that the listener thinks it's listening on? This would be extremely annoying if so, is there any way to disable this?

--
greg