Re: Oracle DBA Performance & Tuning course

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/31

In article <8c0d1e$fn6_at_fidoii.CC.Lehigh.EDU>, "Wayne S. Mery" <wsm0_at_ns4-1.CC.Lehigh.EDU> wrote:
> Trying to decide whether to take the 5 day Oracle 8i tuning course.
>
> Having taken the DBAII Oracle7 course (with the tuning component) in
> 1995 - have there been major changes since 1995 and the introduction
> of Oracle 8i (we're not there yet) to warrant taking the in-depth
> tuning course?
>
> The new course obviously concentrates on tuning, and looks like
> they'ved added Mixed workload, Oracle Expert, sharted pool, optimizing
> sort and perhaps some other topics.
>
> TIA

I have not taken the course, but I have borrowed the Oracle 8 Performance and Tuning Workshop manual from a friend who took that class to read and I think that it looks like a good course. Since it has been 5 years since you took the last one you could probably find it beneficial.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.