catrep.sql syntax error ???

From: Igor V. Podolsky <igoryok_at_Soft-Review.kiev.ua>
Date: 2000/03/30

Hi all !

I'm trying to create all objects needed fro replication. Documentation says 'run CATREP.SQL'. Fine, no problem. But I've got a couple of errors. One of them was occured while executing following statement (from CATREPC.SQL):

/

-- create a table that names the replicated objects CREATE TABLE system.repcat$_repobject
(

  sname           VARCHAR2(30),  -- owner of replicated object
  oname           VARCHAR2(30),  -- replicated object name,
  type            INTEGER
                    CONSTRAINT repcat$_repobject_type
                      CHECK (type IN (-1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, -3,
                                      -4)),
                    --- type -4 (internal package) only exists in
                    --- updatable snapshot sites
                    CONSTRAINT repcat$_repobject_primary
                      PRIMARY KEY(sname, oname, type),
  id              NUMBER,
  object_comment  VARCHAR2(80),
  status          INTEGER
                    -- this col is maintained independently at each replica
                    CONSTRAINT repcat$_repobject_status
                      CHECK (status IN (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)),
  genpackage   INTEGER
      -- this col is set and used at the master def site only
      CONSTRAINT repcat$_repobject_genpackage
        CHECK (genpackage IN (0, 1, 2)),
  genplogid       INTEGER,
  gentrigger   INTEGER
      -- this col is set and used at the master def site only
      CONSTRAINT repcat$_repobject_gentrigger
        CHECK (gentrigger IN (0, 1, 2)),
  gentlogid       INTEGER,
  --- For generated objects objects (include $RP/$RL/

The place of error is comment lines ending with ';' (unexpected end of SQL command, etc). Seems like SQL*Plus uses ';' as command separator (and it does). Sure, I could edit the file and remove all ';' , but what I'm doing wrong now ? I've perfomed all steps of procedure described in documentation. Oracle 8.1.5 EE for NT, if it's essential.

BTW, SQL*Plus asks me "enter value for otype:" during script execution. What does it mean and what should I type ? There is silence in documentation again...

--
Is There A God Or Any Kind Of Justice Under The Sky... (Queen'91)

Igor V. Podolsky (igoryok_at_i.am)

P.S. Duplicate answers to igoryok_at_i.am please.