Re: initial extent

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/30

Bridget Reitsma <b.reitsma_at_auckland.ac.nz> wrote in message news:38E3BA3F.7B813E84_at_auckland.ac.nz...
> Hi,
>
> I have some scripts that create tables for me - I know want to load the
> tables with database but the initial extent are to small and I keep
> reaching the max extents also. How can i get by this? Should I change
> the initial and max extents in the sys.dba_tables table?
>
> cheers bridget

Once the table is created you should alter the next extent by a statement like
alter table foo
storage (next 100M)

You should NEVER EVER directly update the dictionary (in this case it won't work either as dba_tables is a view) or you will loose support.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, ORACLE DBA Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CST