Re: CPU Utilization

From: Craig Kelley <ink_at_inconnu.isu.edu>
Date: 2000/03/30

"smog" <noway_at_noway.com> writes:

> Has anyone experienced a problem where the CPU utilization is fine the FIRST
> time you run some process but the second time, it hangs at 100%??????? Any
> ideas would be appreciated.
>
> The process being run is a "consolidation" process....written in house....it
> supposedly worked fine on previous versions of Oracle DB/Developer. We are
> using the most recent version as of now....

I've seen this when you don't close the database connection properly. We had some scope problems in an application, and it would always finish and then stick the CPU to 100% forever (until killed). It ran fine under 7.3, but would do this on 8.1.5.

Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai_at_isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block