Re: Duplicate database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/29

  Gavin Lee <sting08_at_pd.jaring.my> wrote in message
  My company is using oracle 7.3.4 on AIX.
  I am trying to duplicate the database - ACDB by copying the datafile to another hardisk,
  then I used the trace file which created earlier to create the new instance - NEWDB.
  The database is up and running, as ORACLE SID is NEWDB, but the global name is still as ACDB.

  Do I miss out any steps, or it's there anywhere to change the global name.

  Thank you
  Gavin

  Alter database rename global name to ....

  Hth,
  Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
  (please don't post in HTML)