Re: Size of temporary tablespace

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/29

Peter Laursen wrote:

> Hi
>
> What guidelines do you use when estimating the size of the temporary
> tablespace?
>
> I just had an import fail because the size of an index was larger than the
> temp tablespace. (8.0.5 on NT 4.0) So I guess temp should be at least the
> size of the largest index?
>
> tia
> Peter Laursen

(About) double the size of the index is a roughie - but in any event you want to be adding your indexes after the import not during so you can add clauses such as parallel, nologging and tweak you sort area size.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse