Any experience converting MSSQL apps to Oracle?

From: john becker <jbecker_at_netcom.ca>
Date: 2000/03/29

Our app currently runs on NT4 with MSSQL. We use very straight forward SQL and the most complicated feature we use is stored procs.

We are happy with MSSQL, etc. - but wouldn't you know - we have a prospect that wants the app to use Oracle.

I've ordered the $200 developers kit and it's on its way from Oracle - but in the meantime has anyone tried this and what is the effort involved? Any gotchas you would like to share?

Thanks -John Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CST