Re: SVRMGR Errors

From: Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com>
Date: 2000/03/29

Alan,

My guess is that you are running oracle on a UNIX platform of some kind. Did you check the semaphore settings of the server to make sure that oracle has enough shared memory, undo structures, etc? On Sun (2.51, 2.6) the settings are at /etc/system. The default settings should be close to or above the following(for Sun):

semmni 70
semmns 200
semmnu 64
semume 64
shmmax 12582912
shmmin 1
shmmni 100
shmseg 10

Try these settings, reboot the server, and try bringing your instance up again. Let me know.

Rob Calfee
Systems Consultant
Quest Software
602-741-9419