Re: Intel Solaris vs Linux for Oracle

From: Mike S <mike.stoneNOmiSPAM_at_talk21.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/29

In article <8br967$tep$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, billmil_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>I know that the software costs are now equal (Zero for the OS
 and the same
>Oracle power-unit pricing for both Intel and Sparc), ...

What do you know that Oracle aren't telling the rest of us about? Last time I looked (yesterday), the Oracle Store was licensing on "Universal Power Units", the definition of which basically priced Sparc (RISC) at 1.5 * Intel, on a per Mhz basis. I'd love to believe what you're saying though....

Cheers

Mike S