ORACLE Instance Manager question

From: Arthur Levin <arthur_at_stario.com>
Date: 2000/03/28

I have oracle 8i under NT machine
When I tried connect to Oracle remote database using Oracle Enterprise manager Instance Manager I couldn't shutdown(startup) database. I got error ORA-00106.
My connection:
Connection: System
Password: Manager
Service: dev1

ORA-00106 Description:
ORA-00106: cannot startup/shutdown database when connected to a dispatcher Cause: An attempt was made to start up or shut down an instance while connected to a shared server process via a dispatcher. Action: Reconnect to the database using a dedicated server.

How can I connect remotely to Instance Manager and shutdown, startup or recover database? Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CST