SQLPLUS to create flat file

From: Bob <Bob.Xinsley_at_catmktg.com>
Date: 2000/03/27

I want to write a SQLPLUS procedure that creates a delimited flat file from a SQL query. I'm able to produce such a file, but all the columns are fixed length.

I'm using SET COLSEP to create my delimiter, but I can't figure out how to get leading and trailing spaces removed from the columns. I've tried things like RTRIM(AddressLine1), but it appears that something else is overriding my RTRIM and padding it back out with spaces.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bob

Change 'X' to 'A' to send me e-mail. Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CST