Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Malcontent <malcontent_at_msgto.com>
Date: 2000/03/27

> and not just the 2000 figures. I can see your points but I really
> think MS will slowly make its way into the enterprise as people start
> seeing the successes they have with thier smaller databases. SQL 7.0
> can be looked at like Oracle 8. Quite a bit of change and quite a few

I would guess that you are probably right. *some* people will look at the success they have had with small databases and try SQL server with large data bases. I have no real sympathy for them however. Obviously these people do not know how to evaluate their needs. It's like buying a suzuki car because they make nice motorcycle. Better to compare suziki cars to toyotas and suzuki motorcyles to yamahas. Anybody who is not bright enough to an analysis of their needs and the possible products that can fullfill them is just asking for it. Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CST