LONGS and CLOBS

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/27

Hello,

I have a table with a LONG column in it for storing character data over 4000 characters long.

I have a stored procedure that has an OUT parameter that will consist of several LONG "strings" all concatenated together. Problem is, this LONG "string" may exceed 32767 characters - so I can't use either a VARCHAR2 or a LONG for the OUT parameter. My next choice is a CLOB. However, I can't assign a LONG to the CLOB datatype in my procedure:

 PLS-00385: type mismatch found at 'CONTENTS_OUT' in SELECT...INT  statement

So, my question is - does anybody know if this can be done? That is, can you put a LONG in a CLOB? If not, I guess I'll have to make my column in the table a CLOB also.

Thx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CST