Re: spool out on oracle 8 sql

From: Doug Coan <dcoan_at_aegonusa.com>
Date: 2000/03/27

In article <38de67fa_3_at_news2.vip.uk.com>, "mh579" <mh579_at_bluecarrots.com> wrote:
> I have transferred several sql scripts form an oracle 7.3.4 database
 on sco
> unix to oracle 8 on NT.
>
> Some of the scripts print direct to the printer using spool
 temp.......spool
> out, but this seems not to work on oracle 8 sql. The script runs on
 screen
> but there is no printout....are there different commands for
 printing....

> Also
>
> the above script also puts the database user (uname) on the report.
 This is
> obtained by the command !uname in the sql script. Again this does not
 work
> on NT. Can anuone please advise on the command require to get the user
 name
> ie DOM_USER

You will probably need to route your output to a file then route the file to the printer. Something like

plus80 uid/pwd_at_service @xx.sql
TYPE xx.lst LPT1

I tried 'spool lpt1' but it did not like that.

To get the username, try

host ECHO %USERNAME%

from inside you xx.sql

type SET at a dos promt to determine what environment variable contains the username.

hope this helps........

--
Doug Coan
Oracle Certified Professional DBA