Re: Oracle chrashes on Windows NT

From: Doug Coan <dcoan_at_aegonusa.com>
Date: 2000/03/25

In article <38DB8AA2.97D2A16A_at_gmx.net>,
Ulrich Jank <ujank_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Well unfortunally tis does not solve my problem . I tried 4 and 8 k
 blocks
> but the problem remains. There is a parameter do disable async IO in
 Oracle
> , anybody experienced with the usage of it ?

There is an init.ora parm called DISK_ASYNC_IO that you can set to false. I have never tried this. If you choose to turn this off , you will probably experience a big performance hit if you do not set up slave process. I would try two things.

  1. create the file local, then copy over the files and recreate a control file to point to them.
  2. Turn ASYNC off, build you initial db then turn it on again.

Good Luck

--
Doug Coan
Oracle Certified Professional DBA