Is it possible to make 1 row appear as 3 rows via a view?

From: sdfsdf <dfsdfsd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/25

We have a monthly billing system that 95% of the time gives us 1 row/month. However 5% are multi-month per 1 row. We need a view that allows us to see the 1 multimonth bill as separate bills since we can not change the actual data and we don't want to have data in two places at same time.

each bill has acct number-of-days in period(30 for 1 month, 60 for two), kwh, and bill_usage_month(the month bill was for, however, in multimonth only last month is shown)

bills for june july
1 bill

acct address #of days in period kwh bill_uage_month

123     23 adm          30                      100             june99
123     23 adm          30                      130             july99

multimonth bill 1 row

123     23 adm          60                      200             july99

we need
123     23 adm          30                      115             june99
123     23 adm          30                      115             july99

its ok to divide the kwh number of bills we may have from 2 to 12 mulitmonth bills

is this possible or do we need to create a staging table an dinsert into it parsed out rows? Received on Sat Mar 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CST