Problem with object types

From: Christopher Maher <ChristopherMaher_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/25

I am running Oracle 8i on an NT box with 128 MB of RAM.

I have created an object type called ADDRESS_TY and used it as the data type of the ADDRESS column in a table. I have been able to insert rows of data into the table. I have also creeated an Oracle Form that displays the table and accepts data entry perfectly.

My problem is with SQL. When I use select to list an attribute within the object type, I get the error message ORA-00904: invalid column name.

My object type ADDRESS_TY has four attributes, one of them is STREET. I am separating the column from the attribute with a period as required. Why would the following syntax cause an error?

select ADDRESS.STREET from TABLENAME;

When I ask for all columns, the select runs Ok and lists the data contents of all of the object type’s attributes:

select * from TABLENAME;

Chris Received on Sat Mar 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CST