Password management

From: <robertchung0909_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/25

I would like to hear from other people how they manage their Oracle schema passwords. My problem is the fact that I have to update all the hard-coded passwords in all database scripts whenever passwords are changed. We do not use Oracle's OS authentication feature because neither NT nor UNIX are hecker proof (even though you can basically assume Oracle is compromised when the hecker gets OS's super user/administrator access).

Basically, the goal is to change passwords periodically, and avoid hardcoded  passwords from database scripts that we have to update whenever passwords are changed. Should we just use Oracle's OS authentication feature? Any better idea? Thank you in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Mar 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CST