Oracle 7.2.3.0.0 for HP-UX 9.X

From: Jeff Traigle <traigle_at_si.umich.edu>
Date: 2000/03/25

We had a hard drive die on an old HP-UX system running v9.0. This system cannot be upgraded to v10.20. The system date has been rolled back to 1992 because the application it feeds is not Y2K compliant so moving the instance to another of our database servers is not an option. I reloaded Oracle 7.2.2.4.0 because it was the only media we had. Our previous Staff DBA apparently loaded 7.2.3.0.0 a few years ago, but we never received a copy of that media. That Staff DBA support no longer exists in any form. The SQL queries use the GROUP BY clause for some of the reports. These queries are not functioning properly now. Since the only change to any part of this application was the RDBMS version, I'm guessing there was a bug fix/feature change regarding GROUP BY with the 7.2.3.0.0 upgrade. Unfortunately, since Oracle no longer supports pre-7.3.4 software, we're dead in the water. Does anyone happen to have media for 7.2.3.0.0 for HP-UX 9.X that they no longer need? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jeff Traigle
traigle_at_si.umich.edu