Re: How to enable remote data manipulation?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/24

Can be done either through triggers or through replication. Drawback of trigger: if the remote update fails the complete transaction will fail. Replication is inherently asynchronous. However you could of course choose to refresh your snapshots often. The basic idea with respect to replication is one site is the master site, the others are slaves. Multi master is possible but I don't know how that works.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA