Re: Backup of Tablespaces

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/24

Pawe³ Kokot wrote:

> Hi,
> i have Novell NetWare 5.0 and ORACLE 8.0.4.2.6 - is there anybody who can
> tell me how to backup tablespaces usig Novell SBackup without shuting down
> whole Oracle?
>
> --
>
> Pawe³ Kokot
> Administrator Systemów Informatycznych
> MILO sp. z o.o.
> ICQ: 39590920
For each tablespace,

'alter tablespace XXX begin backup'
then copy the files for that tablespace to tape/disk etc etc 'alter tablespace XXX end backup'

make sure your database is in archivelog mode archive the current log when your done
copy all of your archives onto tape as well..

most important - have a good read of the backup/recovery manual

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse