Re: Oracle on NT and Physical File Caching

From: Nathan McEachen <nathan_at_integware.com>
Date: 2000/03/24

Thanks, I ran the Performance Monitor and noticed that there was hardly any I/O. My Processor, however, was running at 100%. I monitored everything related to Oracle and noticed the following:

  redo log space requests was large and increasing   PageFile.sys was small but increasing
  recursive calls/sec was large but not increasing   Data Dictionary Cache getmisses/gets was large but not increasing

I do not understand why the redo log space requests would be increasing, since I am issuing a commit after each insert. Any ideas?

-Nathan

Billy Verreynne wrote:

> Nathan McEachen wrote in message <38DAAFD1.7234AB03_at_integware.com>...
>
> >of about 60 megabytes. When I initially ran the procedure, rows were
> >being inserted into the database at about 200 records a second. I
> >increased my SGA from 50 megabytes to 96 megabytes and records were
> >being inserted at about 8000 a second.
 <snipped>