Re: Indexes with LIKE statements

From: Nikita <Nikita_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/23

Craig, I now understand the request better (after talking to another developer who provided a better explanation of what was needed). Basically the searches wouldn't be done on this particular column requested to be indexed. Thus, to get any benefits, hints would be needed, as this column is not in the query so analyzing wouldn't provide the benefit.