Problem Creating Table

From: Louis <frolio_at_videoshare.com>
Date: 2000/03/23

Greetings All, I have this strange event taking place when I create a table in my Oracle 8.1.5/Solaris 2.7 database. Here is the script:

  CREATE TABLE videoshare.tbCountry
  (

   siCountryId      NUMBER(5)                      NOT NULL,
   vcName           VARCHAR2(100)                  NOT NULL,
   vcAbbrev1        VARCHAR2(10)                   NULL,
   vcAbbrev2        VARCHAR2(10)                   NULL,
   tiActive         NUMBER(1)       DEFAULT 1      NULL

  )
   PCTFREE 5 PCTUSED 60
   STORAGE(INITIAL 100K NEXT 100K PCTINCREASE 0)    TABLESPACE USERPROD;    GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ON videoshare.tbCountry TO WebUser;

After this table is successfully built the "NEXT" clause always comes up as 1024K and not 100K? I checked this in schema manager as well as its entry in dba_tables? The tables space in which this table space resides is set for "uniform allocation" with 1024k extents. The datafile in which this table space resides is set to an initial value of 10240 K and it is set to autoextend at 4096K at a time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Louis
frolio_at_videoshare.com Received on Thu Mar 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CST