Re: Oracle8i client on NT4: stuff missing

From: Scott Howell <schowell_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/03/23

Beware! I have experienced some similar problems with the 8i installer. The java based installed is prone to problems. I try it on one machine it works fine, the next - it crashes. Make sure you are logged on as Administrator on the NT box as I found out this helps! Not that Oracle installers have been that great in the past (hey, thay are not in the installer biz -:>) but the java installer REALLY has some problems. I have had better luck installing Oracle on HP/AIX systems.