software tools to limit access to oracle-driven web sites?

From: Geoff Glave <geoffg_at_softtracks.com>
Date: 2000/03/23

Hello,

First of all, excuse me if I get some of the terminology wrong here, I am an Oracle newbie.

I am involved in the development of a web-based oracle application using webDB and Oracle Application Server, and I am concerned about security - Only those we permit should be allowed to log into the site and retrieve pages which run queries against the database.

We plan to use SSL for encryption under Oracle Application Server, but aside from the standard username/password arrangement, is there any way to limit access? I have heard rumours of a piece of software users can load on their computer, either on their desktop, or a browser plug-in, which provides an additional level of security - only people with this software component installed on their PC can log in.

Has anyone heard of something like this? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance - Email replies appreciated.

Geoff Glave
Soft Tracks
Vancouver, Canada
geoffg_at_softtracks.com Received on Thu Mar 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CST