Re: Dirty Read

From: Vitalij Serdakovskij <wit_at_iptelecom.net.ua>
Date: 2000/03/22

If record is locked for update by one session and until change made is commited or rolled back other sessions can read only. If two sessions locked record: first commited changes, then second can commit. Your hold column is redundant - Oracle server has own locking mechanism, and it works. To avoid "dirty" reads by other than updating sessions issue commit statement after update statement.
Good luck!

<goldenge_at_my-deja.com> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:8ba3is$alc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...