Access migration woes.

From: Tim Uckun <Malcontent_at_msgto.com>
Date: 2000/03/21

Hello everybody.
I am planning on migrating from Microsoft access toOracle. There are two major hurdles to overcome before I can do this though. One is that Access can have object named up to 255 characters long while Oracle is limited to thirty or so.
Two is that Access does not do a case sensitive search in where clauses while Oracle cares about case. In access where field='something' and where field='Something' yield the same results.

I am hoping somebody here can tell me how to get around these limitations (features?) of oracle.

If these can not be accomplished I may be forced to upsize to SQL server which I am hoping to avoid. Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CST