Re: tablespace ownership?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/03/21

A copy of this was sent to "anthony bar" <abar_at_home.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:50:48 GMT, you wrote:

>I have been dicking around with this all day & even oracle support doesn't
>know how to answer this. Can I grant a user ownership of a tablespace? I
>need to do this to set up a Business Objects document agent repository, in
>case anyone reading this is wondering. Help is appreciated, thanks.

tablespaces are not "owned" by anyone. (well, if you peek at sys.ts$, they are owned by user 0 which is SYS)

You can put quotas on tablespaces -- you can create objects in tablespaces -- but tablespaces are part of the system, they really don't have an owner.

I've never seen anything "need" to "own" a tablespace (it is just a foreign concept -- it doesn't happen like that in Oracle).

--
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/