Need help with a net 8 problem "ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed"

From: Christopher H. Ishida <chi_at_po.cwru.edu>
Date: 2000/03/21

When I attempt to log into an Oracle8i database I receive this error message:

"ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed"

This error only occurs when I attempt to log in from my windows 95 box in my dorm room. Log in attempts from other NT computers in the computer lab are successful. I am sure that my net service name configuration is identical to the computers where connection works. As far as I can tell the only other difference between the computers where the connection works and my home computer is location. My home computer is in a different subnet (student.cwru.edu as opposed to ces.cwru.edu).

Does anyone have any ideas? I would really like to access the database from home.

Chris Ishida Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CST