Re: SVRMGRL reading PFILE location incorrectly from REGISTRY

From: Paul Druker <pdruker_at_metaway.com>
Date: 2000/03/21

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOMEID includes the following parameters for an Oracle home directory on a computer. Depending on the products you install, additional parameters can also be created.

 Parameter                Description

Default Value Entry
<....>
ORA_SID_PFILE The full path to the initialization parameter file. ORACLE_BASE\ADMIN\DB_NAME\PFILE\INIT.ORA Check out "Oracle8i Enterprise Edition for Windows NT Getting Started. Release 8.1.5 for Windows NT" A68694-01

Regards,
Paul Druker

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:953585053.19870.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
> I remember there should be a separate registry key for pfile, but
> regrettably I don't remember the name.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Alan Stewart <stewart_at_direct.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created two 8i databases on NT and when using SVRMGRL to startup
> > either database it reports that it can't find the pfile at the
> > ORACLE_HOME\database\ folder location. The Registry reports the
 location
> > of the file at its correct location of my designation. The database
> > starts up fine if I explicitly define the location of the pfile in the
> > startup command.
> >
> > I have rebuilt the service with the ORADIM command with the correct
 PFILE