Re: SGA sizing recommendations

From: Ihaveaquestion <Ihaveaquestion_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

Sybrand,
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the box has 12GB of physical memory, 10-11.5 of which will be available to Oracle, depending upon how much is used for swap. It will also be a 12CPU machine. I'm not looking for hand holding necessarily, but want to make sure I give Oracle a fair chance to actaully handle the task (against an In Memory Database which only scales to 2CPU's thus many more databases deployed to handle the task, but less memory requirements).