Re: technet hang on download

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

Steve Haynes wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This might be slightly off topic but I see a few users
> of technet posting here.
>
> I have an annoying problem when downloading from oracle technet
> on large files. ie: I can download the 20Mb bits of 8i
> but not the 100Mb of OAS.
>
> I have a reliable fast network at work, but both IE5 and
> netscape 4.5 seem to hang on the last byte of large files.
> I found an option in IE5 to use web ftp but that didn't
> help either. This is a consistant reoccuring problem and
> means that I can only download those bits that oracle choose
> to split up.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Not that this is a solution to your actual question but around the 'net there is a common piece of freeware called "WGET" which amongst other things, allows you to restart a download where it left off etc etc

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse