Re: Oracle stored procedure limits with resultsets

From: Christian BRUNO <brunoc_at_ifrance.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

thanks for your answer Thomas,

i have another technical question
i got this from the osi.oracle.com site :

"If you use ODBC here is a working example, but it requires the use of the 8.0.5.2.0 or later Oracle ODBC driver, and an 8.0.5 server. "

so, i have installed my 8.0.5 Client, and an ODBC 8.x driver from Oracle i can connect to my 7.3 server without trouble.

i ran the following orders :

create or replace package types
as
  type cursorType is ref cursor;
end;

create or replace function find_doc( code IN VARCHAR2 ) return types.cursorType
as
  recset types.cursorType;
begin
  open recset for select DYSSN,DNAME from DOCTORS where DOCCODE=code;   return recset;
end;

when i call the stored procedure from ODBC, i get the error message (in french) :

S1000 : [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-06550: Line 1, Col 7 PLS-00221: 'FIND_DOC' is not a procedure or is undefined ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

could someone tell me where is the problem ?

Thanks to all guys who participate this thread

Regards,
Christian Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CST