Executing Procedure via database link

From: <aganand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

Hi

 I have 2 oracle databases , one running 8.0.4 and other 8.1.5.1. I have bunch of stored procedures in 8.0.4 which I want to access in an application running on 8.1.5. I created a database link and tried to access the procedures on 8.0.4 using procedure_at_db_link_name(param1, param2 ...)
All of the procedures work fine except one which has one of the parameter of type DBMS_SQL.Number_table. On compiling the code on 8.1.5 which accesses this procedure, oracle issues the error ,

Invalid Type or No. of arguments passed.

I have spent a whole day searching for any documents which state that the DBMS_SQL.Number_table are implented differently in 8.0.4 and 8i which is causing this error, but couldn't find any.

Please help

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CST