Re: enque_resources

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

There's not much about enqueues and DML lock in the mainstream documentation, but if you look at the Oracle Tuning Guide, Release 8.0 (Part No. A58246-01) Chapter 19 you will see a short discourse on DML_LOCKS and ENQUEUE resources in the context of parallel DML ops.

The only other reference in the mainstream documentation is a summary of the above in the Oracle Concepts Guide, Release 8.0.

However, there is probably a good overlap with the user-operated queueing mechanism brought out with Oracle v. 8.X.X so it might be good to look there also.

David P.
Glasgow, Scotland.