HELP!! Install Oracle8i on Solaris 7

From: <xxu_at_commercialware.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

Hi,

With some helpful suggestions, I finally got to the install page. But after it finished 13%, it stuck on crtn.o, with the error:

Returning false for isDataBaseup
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

        at java.lang.StringBuffer.expandCapacity(StringBuffer.java)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java) java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at java.io.BufferedWriter.<init>(BufferedWriter.java) at java.io.BufferedWriter.<init>(BufferedWriter.java)

I checked memory on UE250, it has 256MB installed, 77MB free at the time I ran the Oracle Installer, which shrink to 42MB when I got the error back. The install manual stated 128MB required, I assumed the base 256MB should be sufficient, or it meant 128MB physical memory required just for Oracle?

Much thanks,

Xiaocun Xu
CommercialWare, Inc.
24 Prime Park Way
Natick, MA 01760
mailto:xxu_at_commercialware.com
508.652.9341

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CST