Re: New to Oracle

From: Aaron <asentell_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/20

Tanel,
I'm more knowledgeable in Sybase than MS SQL, so that's what I can tell you about. I can tell you one thing about both: they're easier to master than Oracle, at least from what I've seen so far. Here are some web sites I've found to be useful...

http://sybooks.sybase.com
http://www.edbarlow.com/
http://www.euronet.nl/~syp_rob/download.html
http://www.platinum.com.br/news/sybase/sybpost.htm
Hope that helps.
Aaron
In article <38d2674f$1_1_at_news.infonet.ee>, "Tanel Põder" <tanel.poder_at_tele2.eee> wrote:

> "Aaron Sentell" <asentell_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm a Sybase DBA just beginning to learn Oracle administration. I
 was
> > wondering if some of you seasoned DBAs out there might be able to
 tell me
> > where I can find some good Oracle stuff on the web (tips, tricks,
 common
> > mistakes, sample database creation scripts, etc.)?
>
> hm, same question, but backwards:
> Where would be a good start for oracle dba to learn sybase/ms sql
 server?

> Tanel.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CST