Re: Standby Database 8.1.5, Production 8.0.4

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: 2000/03/17

Oracle's redolog format is different between these versions. You can get an 8.1.5 instance to recover 8.0.4 logs by setting the COMPATIBLE initialization parameter to 8.0.4, but use of the system as a standby may not be supported. I also can't think of why you would want to do it. It doesn't provode a faster rolling upgrade or anything like that. What's the idea?

--
Jeremiah