Re: Autostarting Oracle 8.0.5 for Linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/17

On other ports
scripts in rc0.d and rc2.d should be sufficient. The only thing that needs to go in the script are the following two lines su -c oracle dbstartup
su -c oracle lsnrctl start
(for startup)
and
su -c oracle dbshutdown
su -c oracle lnsrctl stop
(for shutdown)

The crucial thing is the scripts do not run as root, but as oracle.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA