Autostarting Oracle 8.0.5 for Linux

From: Greg Akins <gakinsNOgaSPAM_at_gatewayhealthplan.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/17

I had asked this before and got a nod towards a Debian linux package. However, I'm not running Debian (Redhat5.2)

I followed the Oracle Post-installation documentation. Which meant creating a dbora with startup info and linking that file to the following...

# ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/dbora /etc/rc0.d/K10dbora
# ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/dbora /etc/rc2.d/S99dbora

Unfortunately it doesn't see to be executing the shell (I put echo "bla, bla, bla" in the first line and I never see that.

I'm pretty new to *nix and don't really understand the startup path. Could somebody help clear this up for me.