Re: where 1=1 ?

From: Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: 2000/03/17

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> Hopefully, the queries you see are really like:
>
> select empno from emp where 1=1 and empdpt=:BV
>
> and not hardcoded as you have. One of the #1 performance killers -- no bind
> variables.

I hoped so but unfortunately it is not as you say. Although I have not the fonts(saw it through the v$sqlarea) the application is developed in C, so I think they concatenate the var value with the query and execute it. :-(

Thanks everybody.

--
Julio Negueruela

'Hay algunas cosas que son tan serias
que solo puedes bromear con ellas.' (Bohr)