Re: Help Required: How can I export my Oracle data into a flat file

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/03/17

I don't think this will work for importing into db2, per the origianl question.

One alternate way, especially if you need to format the data, is to use PL/SQL util_file package. If you're learning pl/sql, this is a good way to get into several concepts at once- cursors/selecting, formatting different data types, file i/o, etc.

On 16 Mar 2000 23:27:11 -0600, "DawgByte" <dawgbyte1_at_go.com> wrote:

>There are a couple of other methods available.
>First is the export utility. You can export a table from the original
>database and import it into the target database. Similar to this:
> exp userid=userid/password file=exp.dmp table=table_name
> imp userid=userid/password file=exp.dmp full=y

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only!
To email, remove _nospm_ from address. Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CST