Re: Replication To/From and ODBC Data Source

From: <skdv_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/17

Hello Tom,
it's possible. We have worked with Oracle 7.3, Access 97 and Replicator. The tool Replicator works under Win95,98,NT on ODBC level. You can you download Replicator on the following webpage: http://www.skdv.de/Produkte/Replicator/replicator.html

Try it.
Steffen

In article <8am5p8$cvd$1_at_news.bentley.com>, "Tom Best" <tom.best_at_bentley.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to replicate tables to an ODBC data source? This would
 have
> to be 2-way... changes made in the Oracle DB are replicated out to
 the ODBC
> database source, and changes made to the ODBC data source are
 replicated out
> to the Oracle DB.
>
> The ODBC data source's underlying data structure is proprietary and
> home-grown. Will we have to code into it replication functionality to
> support this?
>
> I'm looking at "Oracle Transparent Gateway for ODBC" but it doesn't
 look
> like it supports replication... just seamless table access.
>
> Thanks for any help out there.
>
> Tom Best

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CST