Estimate row length and INT to NUMBER(38)

From: Maggie <maggiezhou_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/16

One of developer in my company generated Sequence number from 1 increment with 1 and define sequence as INT. However, Oracle convert INT to NUMBER(38). I try to estimate the table size. I dont know how to calculate the row length becasue number is variable-length data type and the sequence generated only occupy serveral digits but it show as NUMBER(38). This developer defined many columns as INT and finally he got many NUMBER(38) length columns. Do I need ask him to change his table definition? Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CST