Re: Need to rename a tablespace

From: Hasso Brück <hasso_at_*remove*to*mail*korel.ee>
Date: 2000/03/15

David Van Zandt wrote in message <38CF31A1.1183D2D3_at_iquest.net>...
>Hi all, I am trying to change a tablespace name in 7.3.4.5, and it looks
>like I'm SOL. Am I missing something obvious, 'cause the doc CD
>examples skip over this one....

Actually, you can rename tablespace.
but this is not supported... ;-)

well, i don't remember exactly but the tablespace name was only stored in one system table. Oracle Support says that you aren't supposed to change system tables, but this one is quite safe. If i recall correctly the system table name was ts$ This was the only table containing TS name to TS ID mapping. All other system stuff uses tablespace ID (ts#) Just update ts$.name field...
But use it at your own risk ;-)

---
Hasso Brück
Technical Manager